The NUALS Health Law Quarterly under the aegis of the Centre for Health Law and Policy, is inviting submissions by way of a call for papers, to be submitted by December 19.
About NUALS CHLP
NUALS: The National University of Advanced Legal Studies [NUALS], established by Act 27 of 2005 of the Kerala State Legislature, is a National Law University in Kochi, India for undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate legal education. NUALS strives to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of the law, judicial processes and encourages research activities under dedicated Centres of Research.
CHLP: The Center for Health Law and Policy (CHLP) at NUALS recognises the importance of the role played by law in upholding the standards of healthcare and access to healthcare in society. Health law is an important tool that plays a critical role in shaping the behaviour and well-being of people. It focuses on structuring the role and responsibilities of the State for protecting the right to health of people.
Health law mainly focuses on the authority of the government at various jurisdictional levels to improve the health of the general population within societal limits and norms. It also analyzes legal issues in public health practice and seeks to remedy the same. The Center recognises the importance of these aspects of health law and therefore undertakes research, sensitisation and other activities to promote, analyse and suggest revisions in law where necessary.
About the Newsletter
The Centre for Health Law and Policy has introduced the NUALS Health Law Newsletter to engage the legal community in discourse on the important but often-ignored area of health law. The Newsletter, the first of its kind in the field of Health Law in India, further aims to disseminate knowledge relating to the current and historical developments in the field of health law.
The article section will consist of theoretical and critical essays. The Newsletter would also include case summaries and other legal developments in India and around the world in the area of health law, apart from articles written by experts in the field.
Call for Papers
The Editorial team of the NUALS Health Law Newsletter is pleased to invite original and unpublished manuscripts for the 1st edition of the e-Newsletter from academicians, professionals, and law students. All submissions will undergo a thorough review by the Editorial Board and the selected submissions will be published in the Newsletter.
Categories of Submissions
Short Articles: 1500 words
Long Articles: 2000 -3000 words
Case comments: 700 words
The word limit is exclusive of footnotes and is flexible at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
- All submissions must be made via the Google Form found HERE
- Submissions must be made before 19th December 2021 for the current quarter.
- The submissions must be original works and should not have been published or be in consideration for publication elsewhere.
- All submissions are subject to a plagiarism check, if the work is found to be unoriginal the submission will be rejected. (Maximum plagiarism allowed is 10%.) The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject any work during the review process if it is found to be unoriginal or not meeting the standards set by the editorial board.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of two people is permitted.
- CCLP reserves all rights over the submissions.
- All submissions are to be made in .doc/.docx/.odt format. PDF submissions are not accepted.
- The body of the manuscript must be according to the following specifications:
Font – Times New Roman
Font size – 12
Line spacing- 1.5
- Submissions must follow the OSCOLA (4th edition) style of citation.
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
For any queries or clarifications, reach out to:
Dharshini Sugumaran (Co-Editor-in-Chief)
Phone Number: +91 63819 42243
e-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anita Elizebeth Babu (Co-Editor-in-Chief)
e-Mail ID: email@example.com.
Hamsadhwani Alagarsamy (Deputy Editor-in-Chief)
e-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org