The Government of USA has released new guidance with respect to COVID-19 workplace safety rules federal contractors.
Key highlights of the guidance are:
- Federal contractors and subcontractors with a covered contract will be required to conform to the following workplace safety protocols:
- COVID-19 vaccination of covered contractor employees, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation;
- Compliance by individuals, including covered contractor employees and visitors, with the Guidance related to masking and physical distancing while in covered contractor workplaces; and
- Designation by covered contractors of a person or persons to coordinate COVID-19 workplace safety efforts at covered contractor workplaces.
- Contractors must ensure that all of their covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 until December 8, 2021, unless the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation.
- Contractors must ensure that all individuals, employees as well as visitors, comply with published CDC guidance for masking and physical distancing at a covered contractor workplace.
- Contractors must designate a person or persons to coordinate implementation of and compliance with these workplace safety protocols at covered contractor workplaces.
*Tanvi Singh, Editorial Assistant has reported this brief.