On July 21, 2021, the U.S. Department of Labor announced a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to establish standards and procedures to implement and enforce Executive Order 14026, “Increasing the Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors,” signed by President on April 27, 2021.
This Executive Order will:
- Increase the minimum wage for workers performing work on or in connection with covered federal contracts to $15 per hour beginning Jan. 30, 2022.
- Continue to index the federal contract minimum wage in future years to an inflation measure.
- Eliminate the tipped minimum wage for federal contract workers by 2024.
- Ensure a $15 minimum wage for workers with disabilities performing work on or in connection with covered contracts.
- Restore minimum wage protections to outfitters and guides operating on federal lands.