Centre publishes a draft notification of — Code on Wages (Central) Rules, 2020 and invites objections and suggestion in regard to the same.
The same would extend to whole of India.
Once the Rules are notified, following rules will be superseded:
- Payment of Wages (Procedure) Rules, 1937;
- Payment of Wages (Nomination) Rules, 2009;
- Minimum Wages (Central) Rules, 1950;
- Minimum Wages (Central Advisory Board) Rules, 2011;
- Ease of Compliance to Maintain Register under various Labour Laws Rules, 2017 to the extent these rules are made in exercise of the powers conferred by section 13 of the Equal Remuneration Act, 1976 (25 of 1976), section 29 and section 30 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (11 of 1948) and section 26 of the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 (4 of 1936) and applicable accordingly;
- Payment of Bonus Rules, 1975;
- Equal Remuneration Rules, 1976; and Central Advisory Committee on Equal Remuneration Rules, 1991
Objections and suggestions, if any, may be addressed to Shri M. A. Khan, Deputy Director(firstname.lastname@example.org), and Smt. Rachana Bolimera, Assistant Director (email@example.com), Government of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Shram Shakti Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110001.
Objections and suggestions, which may be received from any person with respect to the said draft notification before expiry of the period specified above, will be considered by the Central Government.
Suggestions can be given to Labour Ministry over the next 45 days.
Ministry of Labour and Employment
[Notification dt. 07-07-2020]