In continuation / modification of the directions issued on 14th March 2020 and 16th March 2020, the Hon’ble the Acting Chief Justice has been pleased to give the following directions in respect of the working of High Court at Bombay, Benches at Nagpur and Aurangabad and High Court of Bombay at Goa for the week commencing from 23rd March 2020.
1. The Principal seat and its Benches and High Court of Bombay at Goa shall be taking up only extremely urgent matters on Monday, the 23rd March 2020 and Thursday, the 26th March 2020 between 12 noon to 2.00 p.m., and shall not transact judicial work on 24th and 27th March 2020. However, filing shall continue;
2. The praecipe for circulation for Monday i.e. 23rd March 2020 shall be sent only through E-mails (i) email@example.com and (ii) firstname.lastname@example.org on 20th March 2020 and that for 26th March 2020 would be sent on 23rd March 2020 before 11.00 A.M. No oral mentioning would be permitted. If praecipe is allowed, then only the matter would be listed on board;
3. The assignment shall be separately published as is done during the Vacations;
4. The Registry shall call for the staff as may be required for the two working days during the week;
5. The Advocates, Litigants and Public are requested to circulate only extremely urgent matters that cannot wait beyond the next week.
Bombay High Court
[Circular dt. 19-03-2020]
Acting Chief Justice of Bombay High Court directs the Registry to call only the staff relating to functioning of Filing Section and Board Department and that which is necessary for functioning of Courts on 21-03-2020 to 27-03-2020 as may be required by the Registry for any urgent work relating to their departments, thereby exempting the remaining staff.
Filing of cases on the above dates shall be accepted between 12 noon to 2 pm only.
Bombay High Court
[Notice dt. 20-03-2020]