Hello Folks! Tamil Nadu National Law University welcomes all the participants to the 3rd edition of the National Moot Court Competition.
The Moot Court Competition is organised in collaboration with the Regulatory body – Competition Commission of India (CCI) and in association with EBC-SCC Online as our Knowledge and Research Partner.
Over the next three days, we will witness fierce competition among the teams participating from across the nation. So stay tuned for live updates!
1430 to 1530 HRS: SCC-Online Training Session: A SCC Online training session was conducted for participants of the Moot Court Competition. In the one hour session various products & their features offered by EBC viz. SCC Online, EBC Reader, EBC Learning & Mercury were made known to the participants.
1748 HRS We have successfully completed with the registrations! The following are the teams which will be competing for the Winners Trophy!
1.Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
2. Pendakanti Law College, Hyderabad.
3. Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad.
4. School of Law, SASTRA Deemed University.
5. National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
6. SVKMs NMIMS KIRIT P. MEHTA School of Law, Mumbai.
7. Institute of Law, Nirma University, Gujarat.
8. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala.
9. Chennai Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Pudupakkam.
10. School of Legal Studies, CUSAT, Kochi.
11. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
12. ILS Law College, Pune.
13. University Law College, Bangalore.
14. West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
15. School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University), Bangalore.
16. National University of Advanced Legal Studies.
17. School of Law, Kashmir University, Srinagar.
18. KMCT Law College, Mamparara.
19. School of Excellence in Law, Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai.
20. Symbiosis Law School, Noida.
21. Law Centre I, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
22. Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai.
23. Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur.
24. Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
Registrations now stand closed!
1800 HRS Memorials have now been exchanged! Participants are now bracing up for the preliminary rounds to be held tomorrow, while researchers test will be commencing by 1830 HRS.
1830 HRS Researcher’s Test has begun! A one hour test which is scheduled to conclude by 1930 HRS.
1930 HRS Researcher’s Test concludes.
2000 HRS It is Dinner time!
END OF DAY 1! See you tomorrow!
Welcome to Day 2 of the CCI – National Moot court Competition. On today’s schedule is preliminary & Quarter final rounds.
0600 HRS The fixtures for the Preliminary Rounds are:
Preliminary Round 1:
1000-1100 HRS: SESSION 1:
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune (T01) v School of Law, Kashmir University (T18).
- Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad (T03) v Law Centre-1 Faculty of Law, University of Delhi (T22).
- School of Law, SASTRA Deemed University (T04) v NUALS, Kochi (T17).
- NLIU, Bhopal (T05) v ILNU, Gujarat (T07).
- SVKMs NMIMS Kirit P Mehta School of Law (T06) v University Law College, Bengaluru (T14).
- RGNUL (T08) v GNLU (T25).
1145-1245 HRS: SESSION 2:
- RMLNLU, Lucknow (T12) v Pendakanti Law College, Hyderabad (T02)
- ILS, Pune (T13) v WBNUJS, Kolkata (T15).
- SOL, Christ (T16) v SOLS, CUSAT (T11)
- SOEL, TN Dr Ambedkar Law University (T20) v Chennai Dr Ambedkar GLC Pudupakkam (T09)
- MNLU, Mumbai (T23) v KMCT Law College, Mamparara (T19).
- HNLU, Raipur (T24) v SLS, Noida (T21)
Preliminary Round 2:
1400-1500 HRS: Session 1
- ILNU, Gujarat (T07) v MNLU, Mumbai (T23).
- NUALS, Kochi (T17) v SLS, Pune (T01).
- GNLU, Gandhinagar (T25) v SLS Hyderabad (T03).
- WBNUJS (T15) v SOL, Christ (Deemed to be) University (T16).
- Chennai Dr Ambedkar GLC Pudupakkam (T09) v HNLU, Raipur (T24).
- University Law College, Bengaluru (T14) v RMLNLU (T12).
1545-1645 HRS: Session 2
- Pendakanti Law College, Hyderabad (T02) v SVKM KPM School of Law, Mumbai (T06).
- SLS Noida (T21) v SOEL, Chennai (T20).
- School of Legal Studies, CUSAT (T11) v ILS, Pune (T13)
- Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi (T22) vRGNUL (T08).
- School of Law Kashmir Univerity, Srinagar (T18) v School of Law, SASTRA, Thanjavur (T04)
- KMCT College, Manparara (T19) v NLIU, Bhopal (T05).
0800-0900 HRS: The participants are gearing up for the hectic day ahead!
0930 HRS: The judges have arrived!
1000 HRS: Preliminary Round 1 Session 1 commences!
1100 HRS: Preliminary Round 1 Session 1 Concludes!
1145 HRS: Preliminary Round 1 Session 2 Commences!
1245 HRS: Preliminary Round 1 Session 2 Concludes!
1817 HRS: Preliminary Round 2 Session 1 & 2 Concludes!
The participants are now eagerly waiting for the results – the teams qualifying to the Quarter Final rounds!
1847: The results are out! Following are the teams which have qualified for the quarterfinal rounds (in no particular order:
- T16 : School of Law Christ University
- T23 : MNLU, Mumbai
- T03 : SLS, Hyderabad
- T13 : ILS, Pune
- T01 : SLS, Pune
- T25 : GNLU, Gandhinagar
- T08 : RGNUL
- T20 : SOEL, TNDALU, Chennai
Congratulations to the teams which have made to the first stage of the Advanced Rounds!
2205: The teams qualifying for the semi-finals are:
- T01: SLS, Pune (The team qualified for the semis in the previous edition too!)
- T23: MNLU, Mumbai
- T16: School of Law, Christ University
- T03: SLS, Hyderabad
The fixtures for the semi-finals are:
T16 v T03: School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be) University v SLS, Hyderabad.
T23 v T01: MNLU, Mumbai v SLS, Pune.
The Memorial exchange is underway! Participants are excited about the competition to follow!
Day2: The Semi-Finals have now come to an end!
1400 HRS: The teams qualifying for the finals are School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be) University & MNLU, Mumbai.
Congratulations to the teams!
The finals will commence
The judges for the finals are: Shri Ved Prakash Mishra, Shri Dr. TS Somashekhar & Shri Rahul Goel.
Prof. Dr. TS Somashekhar is Director of Competition & Regulation at the prestigious National Law School of India University, Bengaluru.
Shri Rahul Goel practice focuses on Competition/ Anti-trust laws and Technology, Media & Telecommunication Laws and is a Partner at IndusLaw.
Waiting for the nail-biting finals to commence!
1630: Finals have concluded & it is now time for the results.
1730: The Results are Out!
Winners: MNLU, Mumbai – The team also bagged the Best Memorial Award.
Runners-Up: CHRIST (Deemed to be) University, Bengaluru.
SIGNING-OFF – ON BEHALF OF THE TNNLU NATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION ORGANISING COMMITTEE & MOOT COURT COMMITTEE – UJJWAL JAIN, Student Ambassador, EBC-SCC ONLINE & TNNLU MCC Member!