Symbiosis Law School, Pune encourages research and publications among faculty, students and peers and thus a separate centre called SCALSAR (Symbiosis Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research) has been established to facilitate the same. The Centre works in association with the Centre of Post-graduate Legal Studies (CPGLS).
The conference aims to provide a forum for participants to test new ideas and further build on these ideas. It provides opportunities for enhanced research skills, future collaborations and joint publications.
- To discuss and deliberate in interdisciplinary and core legal research areas with the best in the fraternity
- To bring together faculty, students and research scholars to foster scholarly exchange of ideas
- To build collegial network and facilitate ongoing discourse
- To present research work in progress, working papers, finished papers or research articles to the identified tracks, in supportive and encouraging environment where experts and scholars are available to review and comments.
Abstract should be divided into various headings as mentioned in List 1. However, the mentioned headings are merely indicative. Authors can choose any suitable headings of their choice. Other technical instructions for writing abstracts are given in List 2.
List 1: Indicative headings for writing abstract
- Introduction / Background : Introduce the subject area of your work along with existing research gaps
- Purpose: What is the aim/objective of the research paper?
- Design/ Methodology/ Approach/ Materials and Methods / Experimental: How are the objectives attained? Include main method(s) used for the research. What is the approach to the topic and what is the theoretical or subject scope of the paper?
- Results / Findings / Results and Discussion / Findings and Interpretation: What is the likely outcome of your research?
- Research Implications / Limitations (If applicable): What are the applications of the current research work to the society, business or any other entity, impact on economy, etc. Identify limitations in the research process, if any.
- Originality/Value (Mandatory): What is new in the paper? And whom will it benefit?
List 2: Technical instructions for writing abstract
- Abstract Language: English
- Paper size: A4
- Length: 300 words excluding title of paper, author(s) name, affiliation and address and references
- Margins 1 inch (2.54 cm) on all four sides
- Title of paper 14 point, bold
- Authors name 12 point; Put asterisk (*) to corresponding author
- Affiliation & address 10 point (mention address clearly indicating place, pin code, state, country, email id and cell no.)
- Font of text matter: Times New Roman, 12 point
- Headings: All headings in 12 point, bold
- Line Spacing: Single (Give one line space between title of paper, author’s name, address and text matter)
- Title page: Title, author(s), affiliation(s), contact details
- Keywords: 4- 5 in alphabetical order
Note: Submit your abstract at email@example.com.
Instructions for paper submission:
Deadline for submission of Full Papers: 2nd September 2019
- Title of Paper – Times New Roman – 14 point font – Capital letter
- Level 1 Heading – Times New Roman, 12 point font, Bold
- Level 2 Heading – Times New Roman, 12 point font, Italics
- Level 3 Headings – Times New Roman, 12 point font
- Text of the paper – Times New Roman, 12 point font
- 1.5 line spacing
- Text Justified
- Page numbers to be inserted
- No paragraph indention
- No identifying headers and footers
- Double spacing between paragraphs
- Citation/ Reference Style – APA style / Harvard Blue Book Style
- One inch margin on all sides in all pages.
- Correct punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Maximum 20 pages (6000-8000 words including references) (A4 size).
- All submissions are to be made via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit: symrolic.com