No.K-11022/632/2019/Auth-UIDAI (No. 1 of 2019)—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and sub-clause (f) of sub-section (2) of Section 54 read with Section 8 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 and Regulation 12 (7) of the Aadhaar (Authentication) Regulations, 2016, the Unique Identification Authority of India hereby makes the following regulations, namely:—
1. Short title and commencement—
(1) These regulations may be called the Aadhaar (Pricing of Aadhaar Authentication Services) Regulations, 2019 (No. 1 of 2019).
(2) These shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Pricing of Aadhaar Authentication Services—
(1) Aadhaar authentication services shall be charged @ Rs 20 (including taxes) for each e-KYC transaction and Rs 0.50 (including taxes) for each Yes/No authentication transaction from requesting entities;
(2) Government entities and the Department of Posts shall be exempt from Authentication transaction charges; and
(3) Scheduled Commercial Banks engaged in providing Aadhaar enrolment and update facilities in accordance with Gazette Notification no. 13012/79/2017/Legal-UIDAI (No. 4 of 2017) dated 14th July 2017 shall be exempt from Authentication transaction charges. However, such banks, which fall short of the Aadhaar enrolment and update targets, as communicated from time to time, will be charged in proportion to the shortfall in achieving the target.
(4) The above charges shall be in addition to the License fees and financial disincentives, as applicable.
(5) Details of the transaction error codes and its charges shall be issued separately.
3. Discontinuation of authentication and e-KYC services—
(1) If an existing requesting entity [except those exempt under Regulations 2(2) and 2(3) above], continues to use Aadhaar authentication services beyond the date of publication of these Regulations, it shall be deemed to have agreed to the specified authentication charges. The entities shall be required to deposit the authentication transaction charges within 15 days of issuance of the concerned invoice based on the usage. The delay in payment beyond 15 days shall attract interest compounded @ 1.5% per month and discontinuation of authentication and e-KYC services.
(2) In case a requesting entity does not wish to pay authentication transaction charges, it shall discontinue the use of Aadhaar authentication services and intimate its decision to the UIDAI immediately, and it shall surrender its access to the authentication facilities as per Regulation 23 of the Aadhaar (Authentication) Regulations, 2016. However, the transaction charges as applicable till the date of deactivation of access to authentication services shall have to be paid.
The Unique Identification Authority of India