G.S.R. 172(E)—Whereas the draft of certain rules further to amend the Aircraft (Security) Rules, 2011 were pre-published, as required by Section 14 of the Aircraft Act, 1934 (22 of 1934), vide notifications of the Government of India in the Ministry of Civil Aviation Number G.S.R. 1184(E) dated 7th December, 2018 in the Gazette of India Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i), inviting objection and suggestion from all persons likely to be affected thereby, before the expiry of the period of fifteen days from the date on which copies of the Gazette of India, in which this notification is published are made available to
And whereas suggestions have been received from the public in respect of the draft rules, were considered by the Central Government;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 4, read with Section 5, of the Aircraft Act, 1934 (22 of 1934), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Aircraft (Security) Rules, 2011, namely:—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Aircraft (Security) Amendment Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Aircraft (Security) Rules, 2011, (hereinafter referred to as to the said rules), for the word “Commissioner” wherever it occurs, the word “Director-General” shall be substituted.
3. In Rule 2 of the said rules,—
(i) in clause (c), for the words and brackets, “Commissioner of Security (Civil Aviation), Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, Ministry of Civil Aviation”, the word “Director-General” shall be substituted;
(ii) for clause (g), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:—
‘(g) “Director-General” means the Director General of the Bureau of Civil aviation Security in the Ministry of Civil Aviation;’
(iii) after clause (za), the following clause shall be inserted, namely:—
‘(zaa) “Scheduled Indian Air Carrier” means an air carrier which has received an Air Operator Certificate (Scheduled or Scheduled Commuter Operator) from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation;’.
4. In Rule 4, for the words “the Central Government”, the words, “the Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, within a period of sixty days from the date on which such order is passed” shall be substituted.
5. In rule 6 of the said rules, for the proviso, the following proviso shall be substituted, namely:—
“Provided that the Director General, keeping in view the threat or any other reason, may, by order, modify the specification of the perimeter wall or fence.”.
6. In Rule 26 of the said rules, the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:—
“Provided that an aircraft operator may enter into a contract with an Indian Scheduled Carrier or an Aerodrome Operator for performance of security functions and engage for such security functions, the whole time direct employees of the Indian Scheduled Carrier or the Aerodrome Operator, as the case may be, who meet the requirements specified in this rule”.
[F. No. AV.11021/3/2015-AS]
[Notification Dt. 01-03-2019]
Ministry of Civil Aviation
Image Credits: mygov.in