On 25-07-2022, FSSAI has issued Guidelines for submission of applications for endorsement of vegan logo in exercise of power conferred by sub-regulation 5 of FSS (Vegan Foods) Regulations, 2022.
- The Food Business Operator shall submit an application in FORM-A along with necessary documents and fee of Rupees Five Thousand (excluding G.S.1) payable to Senior Accounts Officer.
- The Food Authority shall scrutinize the application and information provided by the applicant.
- The Food Authority may direct the applicant to submit additional supporting documents, data or clarifications, if required.
- The Food Authority may either grant approval or reject the application, as per FORM-B.
- The food business operator may file an appeal before the Chief Executive Officer, Food Authority against any decision of rejection of the application.
- A food business operator, who is aggrieved by the decision of the Chief Executive Officer, Food Authority may file review petition to be placed for consideration in the meeting of the Food Authority
- The Food Authority may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, suspend or revoke any approval granted to any food business operator.
- The Food Authority may review from time to time, the amount of fee for filing an application.
- If a food business operator has any reason to believe that the vegan food for which the approval has been granted poses any risk to health or has not complied with the general requirement specified under sub-regulation 3 of FSS (Vegan Foods) Regulations, 2022, the Food Business Operator shall immediately suspend the manufacture, import, sale, or distribution of such article of food and take steps to recall the same under intimation to Food Authority in accordance with the provisions of the Food Safety and Standards (Food Recall) Regulations, 2017.
- Food Safety Officers and Designated Officers shall immediately inform the Food Authority of any complaint received regarding safety of any product approved by the Food Authority under FSS (Vegan Foods) Regulations, 2022.
- The food business operator shall, after grant of approval apply for license as per the procedure specified in the Food Safety and Standards (licensing and Registration of Food Businesses) Regulations, 2011.