About the Organisers
NMIMS School of Law Hyderabad offers an outstanding legal education to inculcate a wide range of legal skills useful for the legal profession including the corporate level. Established in 2019 by NMIMS University, one of the premier Deemed to be Universities in India, the programs offered in our law school have all qualities and niceties of the programs offering by the world-class Universities over the world. NMIMS School of Law, Hyderabad aspires to be a global centre of scholarly excellence in the field of law and justice and will prepare outstanding and innovative law professionals with a socially responsible outlook through holistic legal education. A Law School with a global focus and international outreach dedicated to advance human dignity, social and economic welfare, and justice through knowledge of the law.
About the Conference
Conflicts and disputes have been a part and parcel of human life since time immemorial. We cannot avoid conflicts but what is more important is how we manage or handle such conflicts. War/Legal battle is one of the methods of resolution, but we have learnt with our past experiences that it is a costly affair and often unsatisfactory.
Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation, Conciliation, Lok Adalat, Settlement etc. are the various methods for settling disputes which have received worldwide recognition and are applied successfully, as they settle disputes in a speedy and amicable manner.
Arbitration and mediation are necessary in the present time, especially in India. The entire objective of ADR is to bring speedy justice and to reduce the backlogs of Public Interest Litigation and many Criminal cases so that the Judges are free to apply their minds and devote their time to other important matters having National & Constitutional Significance.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is an alternative to the formal legal system. It is an alternative to litigation. At present, the judiciary is clogged with over 3 crore cases pending in various courts all over the country. The existing judicial system finds it difficult to cope with the ever-increasing burden of litigation. Such state of affairs calls for ADR to step in where the justice system fails, because, as the legal maxim goes “Justice delayed is justice denied”.
The Conference aims to fill void that plague existing literature and bridge the often daunting gap between the academia and practicalities issues in ADR. It strives to generate interest in ADR as an effective means of dispute resolution.
- Mediation in Family Disputes
- The Draft Mediation Law and its potential role in Mainstreaming Mediation
- Mediation in Industrial Dispute and Labour Law Mediation in Multinational Dispute cases: National and International perspective
- Negotiation and Mediation in Banking and Insurance Sector
- Future of Lok Adalats
- Pre-Litigation Mediation and its implication in the Draft Mediation Bill, 2021.
- Comparison of Pre-Litigation Mediation in India with other countries and how other countries have mandated pre-litigation.
- Online mediation in India: Future Prospects Pre- Institution mediation in India: Future prospects Disclosure of Third-Party Funding in International Arbitration
- Emergency Arbitration
- India as an International Commercial Arbitration Hub: The Challenges.
- Scope of Institutional Arbitration in India Jurisdiction-specific issues in Arbitration.
The above themes are indicative and the Author(s) are at their discretion to choose any other sub-theme for their paper that is related to the theme of the Conference.
An abstract (About 350 words) should be submitted as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted. Selection of papers for presentation will be based on abstracts. An abstract must include a clear indication of the purpose of research, methodology, major results, implications and key references. The following information, in the given format, should be sent along with the abstract.
NAME OF THE PARTICIPANT:
CO- AUTHOR (IF ANY):-
OFFICIAL DESIGNATION/ INSTITUTION DETAILS:- ADDRESS AND EMAIL ID:-
TITLE OF ABSTRACT:-
Note– The Submission of the Abstract and the Final paper will be through the Google Link provided here: https://forms.gle/vYBeNvNu3MrkuAhw6
The Final Paper Should Adhere the Following Guidelines :
Format of file – Microsoft Word (Docx) or (Doc) Font – Times New Roman
Font Size – 12 (Text), 10 (Footnote)
Margins – One-inch margin on all sides
Line spacing – 1.5 (Text), Single (Footnote)
Citation Style: Bluebook 20th Edition
Word Limit: Abstract – 350 words; Full Paper 3000-8000 words (excluding footnotes).
Language – English only.
Rules & Regulations
- Submissions will pass through blind peer review and acceptance will be subject to the report of the peer review team. Submissions not meeting the requirements mentioned will not be reviewed.
- The final paper should be submitted after the intimation of acceptance of abstract.
The final submission shall be concluded within the prescribed deadline.
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last dates of submission, respectively.
Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation.
- All submissions must be original and unpublished work of the author/s and should not have been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed. Multiple entries by the same authors are not allowed.
- The Editorial Board reserves the rights to accept and reject the submissions at any stage of the review. The decision of the organizers regarding selection of the papers shall be final.
- Requests for in-absentia presentations shall not be entertained.
The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organizers who herewith reserve the right to modify the contributions as per the requirements of necessity.
All the final submission shall be subjected to blind peer review and plagiarism check, subsequent to which the selected papers will be considered for publication in an Edited Book (with ISBN).
Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees. The registration fee (including GST) is as follows: –
|Academicians/Practitioners||INR 1000||INR 1200||20$|
|Students/PH.D. Scholars||INR 500||INR 700||10$|
Account Holder: ANAND RAJ
Account Number: 5020006138762
Account Type: CURRENT
UPI ID –
UPI App Details:
PhonePe – 9534443999
GooglePay – 9534443999
Paytm – 9534443999
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Abstract Submission||16th of April, 2022|
|Communication of Acceptance||18th of April, 2022|
|Registration & Payment of Fee||20th of April, 2022|
|Submission of Full Paper||22nd of April, 2022|
|Date of Conference||24th April, 2022|
Registration & Submission Link
For More Details
Mr. Anand Raj, Convenor ADR Cell – (+91) 9534443999