On November 15, 2021, the Labour Department, Delhi has issued Delhi Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Rules, 2021 to further amend the Delhi Shops and Establishments Rules, 1954.
- Rule 3 which specifies “Form of submitting statement and other particulars under subsection (1) of section 5”, has been substituted.
“The occupier of the establishment, within 90 days of the commencement of work of his establishment shall apply for the registration under the Act, online on the Shop and Establishment Portal of Labour Department.
- Rule 4 which specifies “Manner of registering establishments and form of registration certificate”, has been substituted:
“On submission of application online on the Shop & Establishment portal of Labour Department, Government of NCT of Delhi, the registration certificate shall be generated online in Form C.”
- In Rule 6 which specifies “Form and manner of notifying change”, has been substituted:
“The occupier shall notify any change in respect of any information under sub-section (1) of section 5 of the Act within 30 days after such change has taken place, online, on the Shop & Establishment Portal of Labour Department, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi.”
- In Schedule- I and Schedule- II which specifies “under rule 3 & 5” & “under rule 6“respectively, has been omitted.
- Form H & I “Register of Employment and Remuneration of Employees” & “Register of Leave”, has been omitted.