The RGNUL Student Research Review (RSRR) Journal is a bi-annual, student run, blind peer reviewed, flagship journal based at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. It has been founded with the objective of facilitating arguments in black and white.
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board invites submissions from academicians, practitioners, legal luminaries and students on the theme “Unboxing the Legal Potential of the Sports & Gaming Industry: Redesigning India’s Way of Playing.”
The primary objective behind this theme is to provide a platform for legal analysis, insightful commentary, and in-depth analysis that can bridge the gap between relevant legal developments in the sports and gaming sectors, and ultimately enhance the discourse surrounding such stigmatized topics.
We welcome submissions from legal practitioners, academicians, students and members of the legal fraternity.
RSRR invites submissions on the following sub-themes:
- Archaic Laws & Unaddressed Concerns: The Need for Comprehensive Legal Reforms
- Need for a Standardized Regulatory Framework
- Analysis of Previous Legislative Initiative
- The Dark Underbelly of the Sports & Gaming Industry
- Prevalence of Corruption
- Human Rights Violations and Exploitation
- Substance Abuse in the Sports & Esports Industry
- The Impact of Modernization on the Sports & Gaming Industry
- Addressing Contemporary Concerns in the Esports Industry
- Revamping Broadcasting & Advertising Regulations
- Implications of Intellectual Property Rights
- Role of Artificial Intelligence
- The Commercialization & Industrialization of the Sports Industry
- Intersection between Competition Law & Sports Law
- Industrialization of the Sports Sector: An Ambitious Exploration?
- Labour & Employment Law Concerns in the Sports Industry
- Analysing the Legalities of Collaboration & Sponsorship Deals
- Addressing Unionization, Fair Pay & Workplace Concerns
- The Socio-Legal Aspects of Online Gaming with a Special Emphasis on Children and Young-Adults
- Physical & Mental Health Concerns
- Legal Implications of Microtransactions & Loot Boxes: An Unchecked Threat?
- Advertising Guidelines: The Necessity for Stringent Implementation
- The Grey Market of the Fantasy Sports Industry in India
- The Comparative Analysis of International Sports & Gaming Law
Note: The above-mentioned sub-themes and sub-points are only illustrative and not exhaustive, and the authors are free to write upon any other sub-theme, provided they fall within the broad ambit of this journal’s theme.
The RSRR invites papers under the following categories: –
- Articles (5,000 to 10,000 words)
- Short Notes (3,500 to 5,000 words)
- Case Comments (2,000 to 4,000 words)
- Legislative Comments (2,500 to 4,000 words)
- Normative Law Articles (3,000 to 5,000 words)
Instructions for Authors
- All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
- All footnotes shall be in Garamond 10, single-spaced and should conform to the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.).
- Margins: Left 1 Inch and Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch and Bottom 1 Inch (A4).
- The word limit is exclusive of all the footnotes.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to 2 authors.
- All submissions must include an abstract of a maximum of 250 words.
- All submissions must be accompanied with a cover letter in a separate document stating the details of the author(s).
- All entries should be submitted in .doc/ .docx format only.
- The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or views stated in the submitted paper. In case of any plagiarism found in the contents of submitted paper, the Manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
The abstracts and the papers must be mailed at email@example.com, with the subject “Submission for Volume 8, Issue 2 – Type of Submission (Article/ Short Note/ Case Comment/ Normative Law Articles)”.
The submissions of abstracts and papers should accompany a cover letter specifying author’s name, designation, institute, contact number and email for future reference in the mail body itself.
Deadline for final paper submission, inclusive of the abstract, is by January 20, 2022 by 11:59 P.M. (IST).
For any further queries, contact the Editorial Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, the following people can be contacted:
Stuti Srivastava (email@example.com)
Aditya Vyas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more details refer to the Call of Papers – HERE