The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The University was accredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2015.
School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), a center of excellence at the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL), was established with the objective of providing a platform for multidimensional analysis pertaining to research in economics and law, with special emphasis on legal, social, political and cultural paradigms encompassing the study of law.
Students, Scholars, or Academicians pursuing any degree or course from any recognized university can participate in the competition.
Agricultural law, policies and practices in India: A multi-dimensional perspective
- Prospects of Contract Farming in India
- Indian Agricultural Policies vis-a-vis Intergovernmental Organizations
- Farm Laws in India: An Analysis
- Agricultural Practices in India vis-a-vis Climate Change: A Study
- Moving beyond the Crops: Alternatives to increase Farmers’ income
Please Note: The above-mentioned list for sub-themes is merely illustrative and not exhaustive and hence any other submission pertinent to the theme shall be accorded consideration.
There is no registration fee.
- 1st Prize: Rs. 2,500 (Rupees Two Thousand Five Hundred Only)
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 1,500 (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only)
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 1,000 (Rupees One thousand Only)
E – Certificate of appreciation shall be awarded to the top entries of the competition.
- The essays must be submitted in English only.
- The essays should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- The name(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- The word limit for the essay is 2500 – 4000 words, not including footnotes.
- The essays should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5, justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- Co-authorship of up to 2 authors is permitted.
- The essays must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name(s) of the author(s).
- The essay must be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ and Pdf format.
- The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document attached to the e-mail:
- Sub-Theme Chosen
- Title of the Essay
- Name(s) of the Author(s)
- College/Institute/University of Author(s)
- Programme Enrolled & Year of Study of Author(s)
- E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s)
For more details, refer
10th October, 2021.
- Vashisht Marwaha, +91-8360801339 (Convenor, SALE, RGNUL)
- Harsheeta Rai Sharma, +91-6280388466 (Student Coordinator, SALE)
- Jyoti Jindal, +91-8360148657 (Student Coordinator, SALE)