Iran Parliament passes Bill declaring the U.S. Military and Pentagon as “Terrorists”.
The said Bill was passed after top Iranian Military leader General Soleimani was killed by American Airstrikes outside Baghdad Airport. He was the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC) foreign operations arm Quds Force.
The legislation was approved unanimously by 223 lawmakers.
Highlights of the Bill
- Iran’s new bill designates all US forces along with the employees of the Pentagon and its affiliated organizations including all agents, commanders and those who ordered the killing of Soleimani as “terrorists”.
- The bill stated that any aid provided to these forces including military, intelligence, financial, technical, service or logistical will be considered as cooperation in a terrorist act.
- During a parliamentary meeting in Iran’s capital city Tehran, all Iranian MPs chanted “death to America”.
- The parliament members also voted to bolster the funds of the Quds Force by 200 million euros. The Quds force is the foreign operations arm of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, which was headed by Soleimani.
- The new bill is an amended version of a law, which was adopted in April 2019 that declared the United States as a “state sponsor of terrorism” and its forces in the region as “terror groups”.
[Image Credits: Economic Times]