On May 11, 2021, Madhya Pradesh High Court has partially modified it’s May 6th Order wherein it had issued directions as to hearing of matters during summer vacation. These directions are in addition to the directions issued on May 6.
All 3 benched of the High Court will be closed from May 10, 2021 to June 4, 2021. The Vacation Benches will, however, continue to hear urgent matters during this period.
Directions issued on May 11, 2021:
- During the vacation period Writ Petitions, Civil & Criminal matters will also be listed and heard through Video Conferencing on application for early listing for urgent relief.
- Considering the demand of the Bar, it has been decided to also hold the sitting of the Court on the Friday of remaining weeks of the summer vacation.
- Special Benches for hearing such Division Bench Criminal Appeals of the convicts, who are in Jail for more than 10 years, shall be convened at Principal Seat Jabalpur and Benches at Indore & Gwalior in which learned Counsels for the appellants give their consent out of the cases notified in advance hearing list.
Directions issued on May 6, 2021:
- During the vacation period, urgent Matters will be heard through Video Conferencing.
- Only Bail Applications, applications for Suspension of Sentence, Habeas Corpus matters and matters relating to Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, will be listed in the daily Cause List. Cases of other nature will not be listed during the vacation period.
- As per the provision of sub Rule (3) of Rule (5) of Chapter VII of High Court of Madhya Pradesh Rules, 2008, no repeat applications for bail or Suspension of Sentence shall be filed or received during vacation. Such application, if filed before vacation, may however, be posted before the bench or the Judge to which it is tied-up, if that bench or Judge is sitting during vacation.
- In case of exceptional urgency in the cases of other nature, Advocates Litigants may file Mention Memo via chat-box of ‘Jitsi Video Conferencing Platform’ or in physical form in the Drop Box.
- Counsels may submit the request for E-mentioning in the prescribed format (provided in the “e-mention” tab available on the website of M.P. High Court.
- Only such Mention requests, made between 10:30 Am to 11:30 AM (only on Monday & Thursday), shall be entertained, in which specific reasons of extreme and genuine urgency, in brief, are given.
- In addition to e-Mentioning via ‘Jisti Video Conferencing Platform’ Advocates / Litigants may submit Mention Memo in physical form in the Drop Box installed for the same purpose at Principal Seat Jabalpur and at Benches at Indore & Gwalior. Advocates / Litigants are requested to submit such Memos from 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM (only on Monday & Thursday) only in the cases having extreme and genuine urgency, in absence of which, no request shall be entertained.
- Advocates / Litigants are requested to submit accurate, specific & correct particulars in the chat-box / physical Mention Memo while submitting the same.
- The matter which are required to be heard by a Division Bench, shall be placed before a Division Bench comprising the senior sitting Judge and other available member, on a particular day.
- If only Single Bench is available on a particular day and matter is required to be heard urgently during vacation by Division Bench, then matter may be listed before available Single Bench subject to the provisions mentioned in Chapter 7 Rule 9 (1&2) of M.P. High Court Rules, 2008.