On September 15, 2021, the Data Protection Commission (‘DPC’) released breach notification web-forms.
The purpose of the revised breach web-form is:
- To improve ease-of-use for data controllers.
- To streamline the method of notifying “cross-border” personal data breaches and “national” personal data breaches into a single channel.
- To reduce common errors or misunderstandings when breach web-forms are submitted.
- To take into consideration observations and issues previously raised by data controllers.
- To expand the questions that are asked in order to reduce the requirement for the DPC to issue follow-up enquiries to data controllers.
Providers of electronic communications services and networks should continue to notify personal data breaches falling under S.I. 336 of 2011 using the dedicated breach notification web-form that is available here.