The second edition of the International MAIMS Model United Nations Competition has been announced, which will be held online on 28-29th March 2022.
Model UN is a simulation of the United Nations General Assembly and its various international forums wherein the students perform the part of ambassadors while debating issues such as gender equality, climate change, global health, and others. It aims to imitate the workings of the United Nations through academic simulations of the United Nations in which each delegate represents a country. This simulates the workings of the United Nations through the role-playing of students, debating on international issues that are affecting our society, and where students represent nations as diplomats on the germane and relevant issues. It encourages students in developing diplomacy skills, an understanding of domestic and international events, and the ability to grasp and analyze significant issues in order to ascertain solutions. The committees which will be simulated in the Model UN are as follows:-
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) – With an agenda of Cyber Terrorism and World Peace.
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) – With an agenda of Refugee Crisis during Pandemic.
- United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW) – With an agenda of Impact of Taliban takeover of Afghanistan on Women and Girls.
- All India Political Parties Meet (AIPPM) – With an agenda of Situation in Nagaland with respect of AFSPA.
- International Press(IP) – Journalists, Caricaturists, Graphic Designing.
Best Delegate – Rs 4000
High Commendation – Rs 2500
Best Journalist – Rs 2000
Best Caricaturists– Rs 2000
Best Graphic Designer – Rs 2000
Individual Registration Fees – Rs 650
International Press fees – Rs 600
Individual Registration Link: HERE
International Press Registration Link: HERE
Payment Form Link: HERE
Last day of Registration: 27th January 2022.
Kindly follow us at-