About the University:
KIIT Deemed to be University is situated in Bhubaneswar and is one of the premier self-financing universities of the country. It caters to more than 30,000 students from all across the nation and 50 other countries through more than 100 Academic programs like MBA, Engineering, Law, Bio-Technology, Rural Management etc., in more than 23 World Class Campus comprising of more than 2500 Academic and Research Staff. Established in 1992 with 2 staff and 12 students, it has gained its prominence in the world today and is also categorized as Institute of Eminence since 2019. Other details may be found at www.kiit.ac.in
Location of the University:
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), KIIT Road, Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751024, India.
About the Event:
In continuation of its seven preceding events, the 8th KIIT National Moot Court Competition in the virtual mode plans to uphold the same ethos and yet ameliorate the standards of intellectual stimulation. This is the first online edition of the KIIT National Moot Court Competition, and hence we are looking towards making it a grand success. The 8th KIIT National Moot Court Competition will be conducted virtually from 16th July to 18th July, 2021.
Students of three-year or five-year integrated law degree courses from any University / Law School / College/Department are eligible to participate in the Competition. However, a maximum of one Team shall be allowed to participate from any one University / Law School/College/Department.
- Each Team shall consist only of three members, comprising two speakers and one researcher.
- Any alteration of the names of the team members shall be informed through writing mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the Competition commences, the team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances whatsoever. The inability of any team member to participate in accordance with the rules of this Competition shall lead to immediate disqualification of the Team from the Competition.
- For provisional registration teams are required to send a mail to “email@example.com” The teams interested in participating are required to confirm their participation by filling up the Google form. The link of which is: https://forms.gle/yv8bbp74sY2qYTJG6
- The last date of final registration and payment is 30th June, 2021, (11:59 PM).
- In order to complete the registration process, a team would be required to fill up all the credentials provided in the Google form, including identity cards & a Bonafide Certificate from the respective institutes with the official stamp and seal of the college. Teams interested in participating will send in the required registration amount of Rs.3000/- via internet banking or any other mode in the following transaction details:
Name – KIIT School of Law
Account No- 20139445354
Account Type- Current Bank-
Indian Bank, KIIT Branch, Patia, Bhubaneswar.
- On receipt of the Google form and the payment, the Team shall be formally registered as a participant for the event, and a team code shall be generated. A confirmatory e-mail, together with the team code, shall be sent to such a Team on June 30, 2021. Thereafter, all the registered teams shall identify and refer themselves using the allotted team code only for all further correspondence with the organizing committee.
- The Written Submission has to be submitted only in soft copy. Each Team shall send a soft copy of the Written Submissions, via electronic mail, on or before July 10, 2021, by 17: 00 hours to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each Team has to send four (4) separate file attachments: two (2) as Written Submission for the Applicant(s)/Appellant(s)/Petitioner (s) (one each in PDF and Microsoft Word (.docx/.doc) format) and two (2) as Written Submission for the Respondent (s) (one each in PDF and Microsoft Word (.docx/.doc) format). Name should be according to the Team Code and the side for which the Written Submission is prepared. (For instance, Team 01 will name its Written Submission for the Applicant(s)/Appellant(s)/Petitioner(s) as 01A and Written Submission for the Respondent(s) as 01R.) Use of any other format (example, “Team 01A” or “Team 01R”) will be penalized.
Any query pertaining to the Moot Problem shall be sent to email@example.com. in by June 27, 2021. Questions submitted / clarification sought through any other means other than by e-mail shall not be entertained.
For more details, refer
- Winning Team Award – The winning Team will receive a prize worth Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only).
- First Runners-Up Team Award –The first runners-up Team will receive a prize worth Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only).
- Second Runners up Team Award -The Second runners up Team will receive a prize worth Rs.25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand Only).
- Best Student Advocate/Counsel – The Best Student Advocate/Counsel will receive a prize worth Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only). 10.5 Best Memorial -The Team submitting the best memorial will receive a prize worth Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only).
- SCC Online and Eastern Book Company, as the exclusive knowledge partners for the
- Competition has declared the following awards in the form of- SCC Online Web Edition- Special Student Access Card for each of the individual members of the winning Team; SCC Online Web Edition- Special Student Access Card for each of the individual members of the first runners up Team; SCC Online Web Edition –Special Student Access Card for the Best Student Advocate and the Best Memorial.
- Last date for Provisional Registration June 15th, 2021
- Last Date of Registration June 27th, 2021
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications June 27th, 2021
- Confirmation of Registration & Team code allotment June 30th, 2021
- Release of Clarifications July 5th, 2021
- Last date of Soft-copy written submissions July 10th, 2021
- Dry- Run session in Zoom for participants July 13th, 2021
- Compendium Submission July 14th, 2021
- Inaugural function and Orientation of Participants followed by Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange July 16th, 2021
- Preliminary Round -1 & Preliminary Round – 2 followed by Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange for Quarters July 17th, 2021
- Quarter- Final Rounds followed by Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange for Semis July 17th, 2021
- Semi-Final Rounds, Final Rounds & Valedictory Ceremony July 18th, 2021
For more details, refer
KIIT Law School Moot Court Society