The AMU Law Society Review is the flagship journal of the Faculty of Law, A.M.U. It is an annual, peer-reviewed journal which provides an extensive platform to the academicians, practitioners, researchers and students to assimilate, exchange and extend their ideas to facilitate the debate on contemporary legal issues through their scholarly articles and research papers.
About the Organization/Institution:
The Editorial Board, Law Society of the Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University aims to provide an active forum that inspires academicians, practitioners, researchers and students to engage in discussions on varied issues of contemporary importance in the sphere of domestic and international law and to provide a platform to critical insights into diverse areas of law through the medium of the yearly journal ‘AMU Law Society Review’.
The Review welcomes well researched, quality contributions on the relevant legal issues in the sphere of domestic and international law. However, the preference shall be given to the submissions based on contemporary legal issues.
The AMU Law Society Review is now accepting submissions for its forthcoming issue, i.e. the AMU Law Society Review (2018-19) bearing an ISBN Number.
We invite original, well-researched and unpublished manuscripts from academicians, practitioners, researchers, and students under the following categories:
- Research Papers/Long Articles: 5,000 to 8,000 words.
- Short Articles: 3,000 to 5,000 words.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: 1,500 to 3,000 words.
- Book Reviews: 1,000 to 2,000 words. *word limits are exclusive of footnotes.
How to Submit:
- The manuscripts shall be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300 words.
- The works submitted shall be original and unpublished.
- Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited (except the ideally accepted 30%).
- The manuscripts must not contain any indication of the identity of the author (except in cover letter).
- The body of the paper shall be: Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5.
- The citations of the paper shall be: Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 10, Line Spacing: 1.
- The Citation style shall strictly be in consonance with the rules in ILI citation. This mode of the citation must be strictly followed otherwise the paper shall not be considered for publication.
- All submissions shall be accompanied by a covering letter indicating the title of the paper, the name of the author, official designation, institutional affiliation, email address and phone number. In the case of co-authorship, the cover letter shall contain the details of both the authors.
- Contributors are requested to provide full details for correspondence: postal address, daytime phone numbers and email address.
- Papers submissions to the Review shall be evaluated by the peer-review committee of the Editorial Board. Mere submission of a contribution shall not confer any claim for publication.
- The copyright of the entry to the journal will rest with the Editorial Board once the entry has been selected and author(s) of the same has been notified.
- All submissions are required to be addressed to The Editorial Board, The AMU Law Society Review and shall be mailed on: firstname.lastname@example.org in (.doc)/(.docx) format with the subject “Submission for AMU Law Society Review 2018-19”.
*Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
The certificate of publication and the copy of the journal shall be provided to every selected author and shall be dispatched to the provided address.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- The last date for submissions of abstracts is 20th March 2019.
- Communication of Acceptance of abstract: 22nd March 2019.
- Last date for final submission of full paper: 15th April 2019.
- Publication Charges:
For Single Author: 1200 INR.
For Co-Authored Article: 1500 INR.
*Co-authorship is restricted up to two authors.
- Last date of fee submission: 25th April 2019.
Faculty-in-charge: Dr. Mohammad Tariq (7906553208) (email@example.com).
Secretary: Faham Ahmed Khan (7351148801) (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Chief Editor: Suhail Khan (9219782517) (email@example.com).
The brochure can be accessed here.