NALSAR is hosting its 1st Competition/Antitrust Law Moot, the NALSAR-CCI Antitrust Moot Court Competition, in collaboration with the Competition Commission of India and Khaitan & Co.
About the Organizers
The National Academy of Legal Studies and Research is a National Law University located in Shameerpet, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Established in 1998, it is a public law school and one of the first universities in the nation to offer the five-year B.A., LLB. course.
About the Competition
NALSAR has previously organized several premier moot court competitions and has witnessed the participation of the brightest brains in law schools around the country. In keeping with this tradition, the university is organizing the inaugural edition of the NALSAR-CCI Antitrust Moot Court Competition with one of India’s most prominent law firms, Khaitan & Co. The CCI’s advocacy initiatives under the Competition Act, 2002, complements the objective of the moot to stir up research and amplify the participants’ interest in the emerging competition law issues. The moot will be held on a virtual platform from 18th – 20th March 2022.
The moot is open to all the students currently enrolled in LLB undergraduate degree courses.
An institution can send an official team(s) representing the institution. (Registration of institution)
A team can also have members from more than one institution, but they shall not officially represent their institution and be called ‘open teams.’ (Registration of cross teams)
Kindly complete all the registration formalities stated in the Official Rules of the moot on or before February 5, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST).
All the teams shall be required to pay INR 3000 via online bank transfer before February 5, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST) to register for Stage 1.
The account details for the payment are:
- Name of the Beneficiary: Registrar, NALSAR
- Bank Name: Indian Bank
- Branch Name: Shameerpet
- Account No: 418454214
- IFSC Code: IDIB000S166
February 5, 2022 (11:59 P.M. IST).
Registration form HERE
- Winners: Cash Prize of INR 50,000/-, Internship Opportunity at Khaitan & Co. and a trophy.
- Runners-up: Cash prize of INR 30,000/-, and a trophy.
- Best Speaker: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-, and a trophy.
- Best Memorial Appellant: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-, and a trophy.
- Best Memorial Respondent: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-, and a trophy.
- Best Researcher: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-, and a trophy.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or write at email@example.com.
- Tilak Dangi (Convener): +91 9602297561
- Aaryan Wasnik: +91 8793674241
- Surbhi Pareek: +91 9460248432
- Kshitij Saruparia: +91 9057527382
- Mayank Kumar: +91 9708432747