The Ministry of Commerce and Industry has issued the Static and Mobile Pressure Vessels (Unfired) (Amendment) Rules, 2021 on August 31, 2021. These Rules amend the Static and Mobile Pressure Vessels (Unfired) Rules, 2016 in the following manner:
- New definitions of the following have been inserted:
- “Competent Person” would mean a person recognised by the Chief Controller, for carrying out tests, examinations, certification for installations and transport vehicles as stipulated in these rules provided the person possess the qualifications and experience and other requirements as set out in Appendix IIA to these rules and the recognition is granted as per procedure laid down in Rule 12. The Chief Controller has the power to relax the requirements of qualifications in respect of a competent person if such person is exceptionally experienced and knowledgeable.
- “ISO Tank Container”, means as a tank container which includes two basic elements, the vessel and the framework, suitable for the carriage of compressed gas for conveyance by road, rail and sea, including interchange between these forms of transport and complies with requirements of ISO 1496.
- “Third Party Inspection Agency”, defined as a professional organisation recognised by Chief Controller to carry out inspection, certifications, testing including safety audit of major accident hazards premises as defined under the Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemicals Rules, 1989.
- A new sub rule has been inserted under Rule 47(7) which states that the district authority will grant no objection certificate or convey his refusal for granting no objection certificate with reasons in writing to the applicants within two months.
- Rule 61 has been substituted and states that when a licence granted under these rules is lost or accidentally destroyed, system generated copy may be downloaded by the licensee from online portal of Petroleum and Explosive Safety Organization.
*Tanvi Singh, Editorial Assistant has reported this brief.