The upcoming National Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice with the Legal Aid Awards will reflect and take stock of how far India has come as a county since the promulgation of the democratic Constitution in1950. It will envision an India where human rights are protected, respected and fulfilled; Gender Justice is observed and Legal Aid is available to all. The Conference will bring various stakeholders and youth to take stock and envision this future together; and to explore how to support and realize the opportunities presented by the Youth Dividend through Sustainable Development Goals. 2019 marks the 71stAnniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) adopted on 10th December 1948, the historic document set the fundamental rights that would be protected internationally, recognizing
Through this Conference, we aim to highlight the gap created between genders and how this gap in many ways violates the Human Rights, as a result of which there comes difficulties in providing Legal Aid. This National conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice is organized with an aim to bring together academicians, students, human rights activists and other intellectuals on one platform to discuss the various issues concerning human rights and to discuss the measures to curb such issues.
Knowledge Steez has been actively organizing social awareness and legal aid workshops throughout the country and this conference, which will be the 4th edition to it, will aim at providing the participants with an option to join us in our campaigns and hence the conference will not merely be limited to on table discussions, rather it will provide various options to implement the discussions on field.
Theme of the Conference
Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to every person in the world, from birth until death. They apply regardless of where you are from, what you believe or how you choose to live your life. They can never be taken away, although they can sometimes be restricted – for example if a person breaks the law, or in the interests of national security. But sadly due to the increasing number of Gender Inequality, and since these basic rights are based on shared values like dignity, fairness, equality, respect and independence, there arises another problem of providing legal aid to everyone. These values are defined and protected by law. This conference aims to bring together innovative academics and industrial experts in these fields to a common forum and also envision to deliberate on feasible approaches to the above mentioned facets for better Development and Implementation of future Laws and policies for the stakeholders.
- Human Rights of Women and Children
- Status of Indigenous People and Minorities with special reference to the violations of their Human Rights
- Human Rights and Terrorism
- Human Rights violation of Migrant Workers
- Human Rights of Aged and Disabled
- Human Rights violation faced by HIV/ AIDS Positive Tested people
- Violation of Human Rights as a result of Environment Deterioration
- Human Trafficking and Bride Trafficking
- Freedom, Justice, Peace, and Human Rights Today
- Women in Conflict, Refugee Crisis and Gender Justice
- Gender sensitivity of the justice delivery mechanisms
- State responsibility to protect gender discrimination
- Women’s property and inheritance rights
- Gender discrimination in marriage and divorce
- Gender-based violence
- Role of society in curbing gender injustice
- Gender injustice on social media
- Women’s representation and participation in politics/justice
- Challenges to legal aid for gender protection
- Challenges to legal protection of third gender
- Role of NGOs in advocacy for Human Rights
- Constitutional Rights and Safeguards Provided to the Vulnerable Groups in India
- Legalservices for under-trial prisoners, women/child victim of trafficking and juveniles in juvenile justice system
- Role of NGOs in advocacy for Human Rights
- Enforcement Mechanism and Protective Laws : National Perspective
- Constitutional Rights and Safeguards provided to the vulnerable groups in India
- SexualOrientation, Gender Identity and LGBTQ Rights
- Religion, Culture and Human Dignity
- Protection of Children from Sexual Offences: A Socio-Legal Analysis with Special Reference to POCSO Act and Protection of Human Rights
Kindly note:- the above list is not exhaustive and the session proposals can be on any title related to Human Rights.
- The abstract shall not exceed 300 words. It should include the title of the paper, keywords, thepresenter’s name, designation, institutional affiliation, mailing address, contact number and EmailID.
- The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
3.Kindly mention the title of the abstract along with details of co-author (if any).
- The abstract shall be sent to knowledgesteezconference@
gmail.comwith the subject line“Abstract – International Conference”. All submissions should be sent in .doc/.docx format only.
- Intimation for acceptance/improvisation will be provided within 2-3 working days from the last date of the submission of abstract.
- The length of full paper including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, etc. should be 2500-8000 words. The paper should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 linespacing.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing. Themargin of 1 inch on all sides must be maintained throughout the paper.
- Bluebook 20th Edition/APA shall be strictly followed for Footnoting and referencing.
4.The full paper should be submitted in soft copy and shall be sent to knowledgesteezconference@
- Last Date for submission of Abstract: 20th December2019
- Intimation of acceptance: 2-3 days
- Last Date for submission of full paper: 3rd January 2019
- Conference Date: 19th Jan 2020
Participation: Rs. 800
Students: Rs. 1000
Co- Authors (Students): Rs. 1800 (for both the authors)
Research Scholars, Faculty Members and others: Rs. 1200
Presentation in absentia: Rs. 1500
For any queries, feel free to drop an email to knowledgesteezconference@
Convener: Dr. Navtika Singh
Co-Convener: Mahak Rathee ,
Megha Shawani: 9643415438
Student Co- Convenors:
Muskan Yadav : 7830833005
Utkarsh Tripathi : 7607161818
Muskan Jain : 759930137
Shruti Gupta- 8360870921
S. Ravi- 8826621766
legal aid awards details : https://knowledgesteez.