On November 22, 2021, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division announced a final rule that increases the hourly minimum wage for certain federal contractors to $15 effective January 30, 2022.
Executive Order 14026 implements new requirements, including:
- Increasing hourly minimum wage for certain federal contractors to $15 beginning January 30, 2022.
- Continues to index minimum wage to an inflation measure in future years.
- Eliminates tipped minimum wage for federal contractors by 2024.
- Ensures a $15 minimum wage for workers with disabilities performing work on or in connection with covered contracts.
- Restores minimum wage protections to outfitters and guides operating on federal lands.