ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
The Constitutional Law Studies and Orientation Committee (CLSOC), is devoted towards enduring the legacy of organizing activities that entail exploring realms of Constitutional law and engaging in discussions on contemporary issues of Constitutional importance. The Constitutional Law Studies and Orientation Committee, in the celebration of National Constitution Day, 2021, introduces the 1st National Writ Petition Drafting Competition. The competition aims at spreading awareness among students of law regarding the effective use of Constitutional tools for securing human and living rights particularly through the drafting of Writ Petition. It aims at enhancing the legal skills amongst students by simulating a real life case requiring participants to analyse and formulate a true-to-life draft of an appropriate Writ Petition.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Participants seeking to partake in the competition shall first register themselves before 30.11.2021, 11.59 PM using the following
Registration Link – https://forms.gle/GzNGPSh3rs4VG8ta7.
- All participants must be students of LL.B. / B.L. and may be either from three years or five years course.
- Participants may take part either individually or in groups of two per entry, i.e. each entry may consist of either 1 or 2 participants.
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE COMPETITION:
- There shall be no entry fees for the competition.
- The Proposition seeks to simulate a real life situation of a client submitting her case to her counsel along with supporting documents seeking to file an appropriate Writ at the appropriate Court of Law within India.
- The participants are to rely on the various annexures given in the Proposition to discern the crux of the facts and legal issues involved.
- The Participants are to refer to the Model Writ attached herewith as Attachment 1 to draft the following five parts of a Writ Petition, namely:
- Affidavit along with Grounds for issuing appropriate writ (Containing the submissions of the facts of the case, applicable case laws, prayer, grounds for seeking writ and prayer for appropriate writ, all in the form of an oath/deposition given by the Petitioner).
- Memorandum of Writ Petition (Containing Address for Service of Petitioner and Respondents along with the prayer seeking appropriate Writ)
- Index To Types Set of Papers (Containing in chronological order the list of documents relevant to the case including Certificates Issued, Bonds Signed, Regd. Notices Served, Acknowledgement Receipt of the served Regd. Notices)
- List of Dates and Events (Containing the list of relevant dates and events in chronological order as mentioned in the affidavit)
- Synopsis (Containing the summary/crux of the matter in a concise manner).
- Submissions missing any of the above mentioned parts shall not be considered for evaluation.
- While following the Model Writ attached herewith as Attachment 1, the spaces and blanks left unfilled in the same shall be left unfilled in the final submission as well. For Example: The “Page Nos.” column under the Index to Typed Set of Papers shall be left empty in the final submission.
- Model Writ (Attachment 1) in Word Format (.Docx) shall be found in the following Link HERE.
- Participants seeking to partake in the competition shall first register themselves before 30.11.2021, 11.59 PM using the following Registration Link – HERE.
- The final submissions are to be made on or before 30.11.2021, 11.59 PM using the following Submission Link HERE
- Submissions made after 30.11.2021, 11.59 PM, shall not be considered for evaluation.
The submissions would be judged based on the following parameters:
- Clarity of the subject matter of the petition in relation the facts as elucidated in the proposition.
- Application of the appropriate precedents in support of the petition.
- Appropriateness of the Type of Writ sought in the prayer.
- Merits, eloquence and conciseness of the overall draft.
- Accuracy of formatting of the submission in relation to the ModelWrit attached herewith as Attachment 1.
DECLARATION OF WINNERS:
- The Winner and Runner Up i.e. the Top Two submissions shall be declared on 03.12.2021 in the Event URL as listed below and via their respective emails.
- All the participants shall be awarded Participation Certificates via email.
- The Top Two submissions shall each be awarded a Certificates of Excellence and a Cash Prize.
- The Top Two submissions shall be published in the following Event URL: https://sites.google.com/law.christuniversity.in/clsoc
The Proposition and all other relevant information shall be found in the Event URL as follows: https://sites.google.com/law.christuniversity.in/clsoc
|Launch of the Competition||20th November 2021|
|Last Date to make Submission||30th November 2021|
|Felicitation of Winners||3rd December 2021|
For enquiries or more details, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bhavini Sharma: +91 9996627771
Ambarish D: +91 9629020381