The Common Service Center (CSC) and National Health Accounts (NHA) have signed an MoU to implement the Ayushman Bharat scheme through 3 lakh Common Service Centers (CSCs) across the country. Ayushman Bharat is National Health Protection Scheme, which will cover over 10 crore poor vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage of up to 5 lakh rupees (per family per year) for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
CSC VLEs are going to be the soldiers of healthcare-Ayushman Bharat in India. The identity and registrations of beneficiaries would be done through CSCs for the implementation of the largest healthcare scheme of the world. CSCs have become a major instrument of change in rural India. CSCs efforts in Ayushman Bharat would be a game changer in the country. CSCs have done great efforts in improving menstrual hygiene of the country through Stree Swabhiman. With continued support of the policy makers there is little doubt that this initiative will help us in building a new rural India having all facilities of urban India and also create a new team of entrepreneurs capable of being active partners in shaping new India.
The dream of Digital India is getting a big leap with Ayushman Bharat. The 3 lakh CSCs in 2.5 lakh Panchayat would be a great help in the implementation of the scheme. CSCs would be a big milestone in the access of universal healthcare in India. CSC have played an impressive role in shaping a new economic model for rural populations.
Benefits to Citizens through CSC Centres
- MoH & FW and CSC SPV came forward to implement the scheme through CSC centres.
- Beneficiary can visit the nearby CSCs across India to get the benefit of this scheme.
- CSCs will help a beneficiary to identify his name in the MoH & FW database and his entitlement for the scheme.
- CSCs will help beneficiary to scan/upload his KYC documents for verification of his/her identity and claim his/her entitlement.
- Beneficiary will have facility to print his/her Ayushman Scheme card through csc centres which will be his base source claim.
- CSCs will also provide requisite information about the scheme and promote it among citizens so that maximum number of beneficiaries can avail the benefit.
- CSCs will get Rs 30 inclusive of tax for supporting beneficiary, identification, documents upload and printing a laminated card.
- Beneficiary will visit nearby CSC centre to get check his/her entitlement for Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- CSC Centre will check entitlement of the beneficiary and upload the requisite details and documents like Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, PAN Number and others.
- CSC Centre will submit the details for verification to approver/state authority for verification and approval.
- MoH & FW has kept a SLA to get this approved in particular timelines and revert on real time basis.
- Beneficiary will get a printed card on a paper from CSC Centre.
- This card can be used at hospitals to claim the benefits under Ayushman Bharat Abhiyan.
Ministry of Electronics & IT