The Government of India and the Government of Malaysia have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
The salient features of the MoU are as follows —
- Cooperation for the promotion of traditional medicine including the regulation for teaching, practice, drugs and drugless therapies of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
- Exchanging experts for training of practitioners, paramedics, scientists, teachers and students in Traditional Systems of Medicine.
- Accommodating interested practitioners, paramedics and students in institutions for educational and training programmes on Traditional Medicine
- Mutual recognition of Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Pharmacopeia of Indian and the Malaysian Herbal Pharmacopoeia
- Setting up of Academic Chairs on Traditional Systems of Medicine.
As per Section 24(1) of Traditional & Complimentary Medicine (T&CM) Act 2016 of Government of Malaysia, a person who is registered as a practitioner outside Malaysia can temporarily register with T&CM Council of the Malaysia subject to conditions and restrictions of the Council.
[Press Release no. 1522704]
Ministry of AYUSH